In response to a request from a parent about some work their son can do whilst being off school, my colleague (@alibaamoo http://www.positivepe.wordpress.com) responded with this:
Watch some of the Tennis (Wimbledon) or Rugby (Lions Tour). Try to compare the two players/teams.
– Which team/person is winning? Why are they winning?
– Which team/person is losing?
– What are the differences between the two players/teams?
– If you had to give a half time team talk to the losing team/player what advice would you give them?
– What social and personal skills do the teams/players demonstrate during the match?
Try and do this at least twice this week and email your answers back to either me, Mr Scarborough or Mr Seavill.